screen rotation speedSupport

Last Updated:

1. lochaos

lochaos Active Member

Got my S4 two days ago and im loving it, only thing I don't like is the screen rotation is very slow, can it be made faster ???

Advertisement
  2. 84guy

84guy Well-Known Member

Settings-more-about device keep tapping build number till you unlock developer options, press back and go into dev options and set transition animation to .5
    Kie and zig8100 like this.
  3. zig8100

zig8100 Member

Worked on my S3 also. Changed everything to 0.5 n now its super fast. I checked force GPU rendering also n scrolling in fast now too. I don't know if that's the reason though.
  4. lochaos

lochaos Active Member

This has not improved the rotation speed at all
  5. oleb84

oleb84 Well-Known Member

The answer has helped the speed of the rotation but not the lag between rotating the phone and the screen rotation starting.
  6. 84guy

84guy Well-Known Member

Turn off smart rotation. Just realized that is your problem, bring down the notification panel with 2 fingers, press and hold Smart Stay and un check smart rotation
    BABAB, funkylogik, tcoz2000 and 4 others like this.
  7. lochaos

lochaos Active Member

Your a star, worked like a charm, thanks mate ;)
  8. Kie

Kie Well-Known Member

Did not know this. Awesome.

Similar issue I'm having, well not really 'issue' per se: When viewing photos, my GS2 used to auto rotate when I turned the screen around but now you have to press a rotate button. Is there a way to disable this button so it auto-rotates images?
  9. 84guy

84guy Well-Known Member

Not sure i completely understand, when the screen rotation is enabled it'll auto rotate. If its not that its probably the smart rotation i mentioned in my last post, and if its not that im not sure what it is, but I'll keep an eye out for other settings
  10. Kie

Kie Well-Known Member

An image will help:

[​IMG]

See the Rotate button top right? It's the only way to rotate photos when you turn the screen around. It's greyed out in the image, but if I turn the phone portrait, the photo stays as is but the rotate button becomes available, rather than just auto-rotating as you'd expect. Like I said not an issue per se, but it's an extra button to do something that used to be automatic.
  11. NacsMXer

NacsMXer Member

This worked perfect, thanks! No more screen lag when I rotate my phone from portrait to landscape and vice versa.
  12. 84guy

84guy Well-Known Member

Im on the Sprint Galaxy S4 and i dont even have that option when in a photo, so im not sure whats up with that, sorry

[​IMG]
  13. Kie

Kie Well-Known Member

And I'm not even on a custom rom yet! Intriguing how the i9500 and the i9505 differ.
  14. aksgx4

aksgx4 New Member

-------------------------------
    U really solved my problem.....
  15. Ice

Ice Active Member

Thankyou, Was doing my nut in!!!
  16. fubu05

fubu05 New Member

Rock! I registered here to thank you for this solution. You solved my problem ;)

Thanks again.
  17. mihaelb

mihaelb Well-Known Member

Just expand on that: you don't have to completely turn off smart stay. You can press and hold the smart stay option, and just turn off the smart rotation.

Cheers
  18. m3incorp

m3incorp Well-Known Member

I learned something today :)
  19. WonderFull

WonderFull Active Member

I've 9500 with 4.2.2 and when viewing photos it auto rotates. Do not have the rotate option.
  20. oldmick

oldmick Member

I wondered how to speed up up my note 2 s rotation as well, turning off smart rotation did the trick, Thanks 84guy if your still about.