Screen rotationSupport

Last Updated:

1. kevinlufc

kevinlufc Well-Known Member

Hi, can anyone else confirm that the One X home screens do not rotate when the phone is rotated.

2. shaunuk

shaunuk Member

That is correct, although it will auto rotate when in the car dock.

kevinlufc and s.m.knipe like this.
  3. fletchem

fletchem Well-Known Member

A guy on the XDA forums had his phone home screen go landscape "accidentally" and posted an image - it looks really good. You can download rotation apps from the store and they do rotate the home screen, but only give you the option to lock it in that position.
    The phone is obviously capable of displaying the home screens in landscape - don't know why it is not an option.
  4. blacktea

blacktea Well-Known Member

I have the 'Rotation Locker' app on my phone, it also comes with a little 1x1 icon widget for fast switching.
  5. PyroSporker

PyroSporker Well-Known Member

I'm curious, what happens when you do the three finger swipe without the Media Link HD hooked up? I'm assuming it pops up some error like a "device not connected" message. Or kicks over to wireless/bluetooth settings?

I think if there is a way to get landscape homescreens, without rooting or using a market application, it is going to involve tricking the phone into thinking it is connected to an external monitor when it is not? The landscape homescreen functionality is there, HTC just reserved it for external display driving only for some reason or another.

Some bright mind just needs to find a tweak/exploit to the Media Link function to enable landscape all the time on stock Sense 4.0?

Video for reference:
    MWC: HTC Media Link HD Hands-On - YouTube
  6. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Pretty much that. It takes you to the media link setup screen and gives you the error below:

Harry2 and PyroSporker like this.
  7. PyroSporker

Thanks for that follow up! Screenshot and everything, awesome.
    Anything under the menus? Is settings just a shortcut out to the regular settings screens or does Media Link Setup have its own specific "in app" settings?
    El Presidente likes this.
  8. El Presidente

It just takes you to a page with a disclaimer and an option to notify you when a compatible media device is connected.

I suspect you don't get any media link options unless you've a device connected as you get the same page when you access media link via the apps menu.
    PyroSporker likes this.
  9. PyroSporker

Yeah, I was figuring that. I was hoping for some back door, but just a dead end like I thought. My curiosity is solved for now, thanks again.
  10. El Presidente

Happy to help, just sorry it wasn't the answer you were looking for. :(
  11. PyroSporker

AnandTech - HTC One Media Link HD Demo

If what is mentioned in this article comes to fruition, maybe once they make the API publicly available to devs we might see someone tweak the functionality and make landscaped homescreens happen without root or market app? Or maybe I am just grasping at straws :rolleyes: I just want it to happen. Seamlessly, natively, and simply.

If all else fails, in the future I might have to try 'Rotation Locker' like blacktea mentioned. I've researched around and it sounds like it works for some people...