• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

screen rotation

tigrr07

Nov 20, 2009
Is there a way or an app that will rotate your screen clockwise rather than counter clockwise? I ask because being left handed its easier and faster for me to control the trackball with my left thumb.
Thanks in advanced for your help.

... that is not the question here.

In one corner we have:
Cyanogen's mod is a custom firmware, so you would have to re-flash your phone (same as if there was an official update to the Android OS).

In the other corner we have:
Most, if not all, custom firmwares do not actually require rooting, but offer it as an easily-toggled option.

So you can use this mod without rooting, or you could root without modding, or both (or none, as now). That said ... rooting really is no more dangerous or magical than a cheese cutter, one simply needs to know just a little bit about what it's for to wield it safely.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones