screen scolling downwards without touchingSupport

Last Updated:

1. lukeyboymac

lukeyboymac Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, waiting for a swop out but just wondering if anyone has had a problem where the screen scrolls downwards of its own accord. Sometimes if on the browser, the screen will start going down the links. It's not just a browser thing either and can happen on any app or screen.

It's an occasional thing. I've eliminated finger prints (put on a screen protector and it still happened), sunlight hitting the sensor (can happen indoors in the dark) and I've done a hard reset. It's driving me up the wall and I've been waiting 10 weeks for a replacement from T-mobile now (although the keep refunding me money so I can't complain too much).

Anyone got any ideas? Thanks for looking/trying to help...

Advertisement
  2. Pryomancer

Pryomancer Well-Known Member

Sounds like you're accidentally brushing against the optical sensor.

3. lukeyboymac

Oh yeah, sorry, forgot to mention that it can happen without me being anywhere near the screen/phone. Weird eh

4. mirrorimage

mirrorimage Well-Known Member

Ghosts?
    Must say I've never experienced that before, nor has anyone I've recommended the desire to. And trust me,i would hear about it if it did. So I'm sticking to my ghosts theory

5. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

Tried cleaning the screen?

6. lukeyboymac

Yep, cleaned it, stuck a screen protector on it as thought it might be my greasy mitts but no joy. Guessing its just this phone which is a blessing in a way

7. hussar10a

hussar10a Active Member

Mine does this too - and sometimes also "rolls" itself from the homescreen to any of the additional screens,normally to the right,all without me actually being in contact with the phone.
    Have cleaned screen and optical trackball and recalibrated the touchscreen but to no avail. Apart from that no problems, I love it and don't know how I managed to live without one for so long !

8. hussar10a

hussar10a Active Member

Well lukey - it seems its just us two then !

9. Jammy

Jammy Well-Known Member

Odd...

Try installing a drawing application and leaving it for a while to see if it draws anything.

If it does, it's a touchscreen problem and if it doesn't, it's a problem with the optical trackpad.

10. Stucky

Stucky Well-Known Member

Or those damn pesky aliens again.

11. lukeyboymac

Send it back - got a replacement and it works fine. None of the same problems. Doesn't scroll around in sunlight (I thought it was shadows affecting the optical sensor) and my new one has been fine.

I had mine since launch day on T-Mobile and definitely remember someone else having the same problem but couldn't find the thread and don't think that was solved either. Strange as mine seemed to develop the problem and wasn't there from day 1 (more like day 7/8)

12. robin635

robin635 Member

Mine has scrolled at odd times can be very annoying but otherwise has been perfect so I will live with it.

13. czechplastik

czechplastik Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure I read something about the optical pad being sensitive to light (stating the obvious) and that it's possible to produce the effects described here without having to touch the phone.

14. BarnumC

BarnumC Well-Known Member

I had a similar problem in games. At random points many games would go into pause mode. Never at the same point never after the same amount of time. Cleaned everything I could think of, sent an email to Jet Car Stunts maker, cos its their game that was last installed, and the most problematic (Who NEVER REPLIED! Shame on you.) and then discovered the thin bar at the top with the battery/wifi etc on it would roll up and down at will.
    Gawd knows what I did, but its all stopped..

15. anjum

anjum New Member

Hi,
    I have a similar issue but its notification bar.
    Sometimes it drops down by its own. I am unable to find the cause.
    If anyone having the same problem ,or any help to solve this.

Thanks

16. chefgazman

chefgazman New Member

nope, im aving eactly the same issue, getting worse as the days go by. almost unuseable. Every time i unlock it things just go crazy..

17. tate1203

tate1203 New Member

Mine does tge same thing it randomly will click apps like crazy once I unlock it and click letters like mad when I'm writing messages