Screen scratch resistanceGeneral

Last Updated:

1. -ebby-

-ebby- Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have to send my phone back because there was a problem activating it and they think it is the phone not their system. So i took the chance to test how good the screen really is. Now i didn't try my hardest to scratch up the phone because i didn't want to be an ass and send back a messed up phone.

But i was able to test it pretty well without having to worry about scratching my phone. So i started with a coin and rubbed it against pretty hard and got not even a small scratch. Next went on to keys started with a "dull" key and couldn't get any thing next went to the key i use when i need to open a box again tried pretty hard and didn't even get a small scratch. Next i went to a pocket knife (not a very sharp one) and used the business end and the point and agian try pretty hard and again get nothing. So to end i used the point of one of the things on a multi tool that looks like it is made to scratch stuff and at first still didn't get anything but when trying a little harder i was able to make a couple very small scratches in the upper corner.

I am very impressed with this screen! I personally would feel fairly comfortable not using a screen protector and even have the phone in my pocket with keys coins that type of stuff. That being said its probably better to be safe and keep it separate at least. I also am going to put an invisible shield on it because i ordered it before i did this and the screen by itself gets fingerprints pretty bad. If i don't like the protector i will not use any protector.

Advertisement
    Phandroid1 likes this.
  2. andrew53517

andrew53517 Well-Known Member

Awesome!! Thanks for doing this test! Really appreciate it! :)

3. 1967ls2

1967ls2 Well-Known Member

Good write up!

4. FlyPenFly

FlyPenFly Well-Known Member

Dropped it and slid on a dirty dirty wooden floor, no scratches.

5. Shamrock13

Shamrock13 Well-Known Member

You guys should check my post. :(

I'll try and put pictures up of the scratch tomorrow but no promises. :(

6. phorts

phorts Well-Known Member

Here's why i will always have a screen protector.

I was getting ready for my round of golf, getting clubs out of car, putting shoes in trunk, etc, when i noticed that i didnt have my phone on me. I checked my front seat, on the hood, opened the trunk and closed it about 3 times. I checked EVERYWHERE!

Finally, i saw it sticking out between the trunk and back window .....my heart sank and i opened the trunk and slid the phone out...

no crack, no scratches...and i slammed my trunk closed about 3 times while looking for the damn thing.

Good thing i had the invisible shield on there. The shield had a good sized mark in it (that's gone now after a day), but if it didnt have that on it i can all but guarantee there'd be a gash, if not a crack, on my phone.

It all depends on how careful you are, but even the most careful can drop their phone on the ground and have it slide across the pavement. And event the smallest scratch would bug the HECK out of me.

So, it really depends on how much you can tolerate a scratch on your screen, should you get one... Because it CAN happen.

7. -ebby-

-ebby- Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ya even after i did that i still plan on using the shield just in case, sometimes something can get it just right and give you a scratch. i have had an invisible shield on my touch pro for a long time and people can't tell there is a cover on there so unless something is different with this phone ill be using it