Screen Scratch Test?General

Last Updated:

1. CrackaG

CrackaG Member This Topic's Starter

Has anyone performed one of these ala the nexus one and droid?

I want to know if its necessary to buy a screen protector for the long run

Right now the screen is void of scratches and I've been sliding it in and out of my pocket for 4 days now and smudges come off very easily.

So anyone perform a test or have any scratching issues?

Advertisement
  2. FierceDeityLink1

FierceDeityLink1 Well-Known Member

Verizon HTC Droid Incredible Review | Android Community

Anecdotal, but I still put a screen protector on mine when I found it wasn't Gorilla Glass like the Moto Droid.

3. CrackaG

CrackaG Member This Topic's Starter

I'm skeptical of that one because that is the only review that has stated any problems with scratching out of the 30 or so that I've read

4. nytroman

nytroman New Member

i just got a 3 pack at verizon for $12 they go on great and you cant tell it is there, good buy, a little pricey for plastic but it gives me good piece of mind

5. Reddog80p

Reddog80p Well-Known Member

Those just cover the screen not the entire front of device right? I tried to get a 3 pack but they were all sold out in 2 stores and a mall kiosk near me.

6. FierceDeityLink1

You should really consider getting one from Best Skins Ever/BodyGuardz/PhantomSkinz/Zagg. What's the point in having a screen protector if the screen protector gets scratched and needs to be replaced? I also heard Steinheil is good. Many people dislike Zagg, but they're often cheap with coupons.

7. Reddog80p

Reddog80p Well-Known Member

I put a Zagg on but did not like the super glossy orange peel look so I removed it. I've heard the Phantom skin is a little better w/ the orange peel effect so I may go with that. I'm not too worried about scratches. I just want to be constantly wiping the screen to remove fingerprints. I think a standard cling type non-fingerprint would be golden for me. recommend any?

8. FierceDeityLink1

Not sure. Steinheil makes anti-fingerprint screen protectors, though. For the Droid: Steinheil Anti-Fingerprint for Motorola Droid

The Incredible screen protector isn't available yet.

Personally, I'm fond of the ones I listed, but they're all of the 3M Scotchgard variety (orange peel, etc.), though PhantomSkinz is quite clear.