Screen scratchesGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Troglodad

Troglodad Well-Known Member

Since getting my tablet, I've been babying the heck out of it... but today when doing the morning polishing of the screen with an eyeglass cleaning cloth, I'vd found what appears to be a tiny scratch. I'm baffled as nothing that could scratch it has come in contact with the screen. I haven't used a screen protector simply because I didn't have any on hand that big and hadn't gotten around to getting one.

How durable is the Tablet screen supposed to be? I'm a little concerned that I got a scratch from sources unknown when I've been so actively trying to keep it pristine.

It almost looks like a speck of something stuck on the screen, but it won't come off even with alcohol. I'm assuming it's a scratch that's filled in with something.

2. Rabid1

Rabid1 Well-Known Member

That is really surprising as the Excite has the Gorilla Glass, which while not perfect is incredibly durable.

I have found though that most scratches like you describe end up coming from the cleaning cloth themselves. Maybe it picked something up when you were cleaning before or perhaps there was something minute but solid on the screen when you started to clean.
  3. Troglodad

Troglodad Well-Known Member

Okay, I've finally figured out it's not a scratch or somethign ON the screen- it's under it. Something stuck under the top most glass. Is there anyway to get this out. It's a white speck and it drives me crazy when I'm reading. I assume it was there the day I bought it, and I just didnt notice.
  4. skoda

skoda New Member

Short of removing the glass, no. Check on youtube as there are many video instructions on removing tablet glass/screen. If you do remove it, your chance of getting more dust particles on it is high. Some of the instructions have you performing the work in the bathroom with the shower on to reduce the change of dust!!! After you have it sorted, install a screen protector.