Screen scratching easier on S4 vs S3General

1. Kuhns787

Kuhns787 Well-Known Member

I was wondering if anyone else has had any issues with getting scratches on the screen of their S4? My first one I had a couple of months before I noticed a scratch on the screen so I quickly replaced it but this last one I have only had it a little over a month and got one bearly noticeable scratch and one noticable scratch. I am very careful with my phones and always use a case and never drop them. I don't get it I had my S3 for 8 months and never got a single scratch on it. Was the S3 screen that much better?

Advertisement
    :
  2. lotus49

lotus49 Well-Known Member

I don't believe that this is the case.

Both screens are made of Gorilla Glass (see CORNING
  3. Kuhns787

I am not sure that it is the same some how it seems different of course I could be wrong. I was just wondering if anyone else who has owned both has had any issues or noticed any differences.
  4. Goodspike

Goodspike Well-Known Member

I never owned the S3, but my wife and I have both had the S4 for about 4-5 months without any issues whatsoever. I would suggest you're probably doing something different (e.g. a different case) that you're not accounting for.
  5. trucky

trucky Well-Known Member

I've had both, and never a screen protector for more than a day. I just don't like the feel. Never a scratch on either and I'm kind of a crash bang sort of guy.
  6. Kuhns787

I am using the same kind of cases as I have always used Tpu cases and with this last one I even went a step further and got a Balistic jelly case from At&t. So thats why I don't understand the difference. I am wondering if part of it is due to the tiny bit of differnce in the screen size taking it in and out of my purse. I just got a new purse to with the replacement phone so we will see if it makes a difference. But this is the first phone I have ever scratched the screen on and trust me I have had a lot of phones. :)