• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Screen Seems to Be Going

artbytes

Android Enthusiast
Apr 7, 2011
Oh, dear. Just this morning, my screen seems to be going. It's flickering and lines are going across and sometimes the pixels move rapidly side to side for a second or two. I rebooted, but it appears to be getting worse. Has anyone seen this before? It's 15 months old and I've never had a bit of trouble until this morning. Nothing that I know of has happened to it in the last few days.

Well, I've chatted with Samsung. We did a factory reset, which didn't help a bit. As I feared, it seems to be a hardware issue. I can send it in to be repaired. Since it's out of warranty, it will cost about $200. Naturally, I'm quite bummed. I spent $500 on this tab 15 months ago and was counting on using it for quite awhile. If anyone has some thoughts on what to do now, I'd love to hear them.

Upvote 0
Just thought I'd get back to you about my Tab. After talking to Samsung tech support, they sent me a mailing label to mail the Tab to them. After it arrived at Samsung, they called me. I had to pay $199 to get it looked at. For that much, they said they'd check over everything and even give me a new battery if it needed it. It was out of warranty - or I wouldn't have been charged.

I had thought about not doing the repairs, but getting a new tablet, instead. In looking, it seemed to me that I'd have to pay $500 to get on comparable or better. I found some new tablets just like this for about $200 to $240 on eBay. Although they said they were new, the ones I saw didn't come with a warranty. I ended up deciding to have the repairs done.

The tab it now back home and working great. I really like this tab and hope to get a lot more use from it. I think that Samsung service was good. Just thought I'd let you know how this all works.

Reactions: ComputerGranny
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones