Screen seems too dim - even at full bright.

Last Updated:

1. UnexplainedBacon

UnexplainedBacon Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey everyone,

I just got home with my new Droid and I am wondering if I got a lemon. My screen seems very dim. I didnt really notice it in the store, however compared to my Droid Eris (which is at about 30% screen brightness) the Droid looks much dimmer, even when its at 100% brightness.

The only other thing I can think of is that its the Invisible Shield the guy at Best Buy applied for free. Do they dim the screen at all? With my Eris I can literally have it turned to 25% brightness and it seems brighter than the Droid at full. As does my iPod touch. It has to be turned down to 50% or so before it matches the Droid at full.

I have turned off auto brightness and manually turned up the Droid to full.

Thanks...

Advertisement
  2. UnexplainedBacon

UnexplainedBacon Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok maybe its just the stock UI. When I open the web browser the white background at google.com is BLINDINGLY bright. Its weird.. its like the default Android UI uses almost a light gray instead of white for things like the homescreen menu and the status bar across the top of the screen.

3. nader2013

nader2013 Well-Known Member

I think your phone is bad... I can't stand using my Droid at full brightness, I usually put it on autobrightness.