Screen sensitivity affected by root or BB rom?

Last Updated:

1. wxjeremy

wxjeremy Active Member This Topic's Starter

Maybe I'm just going crazy (wouldn't put it past myself) but it almost seems as if after I rooted my droid and starting using Pete's BB Roms (currently using 0.4) my touch sensitivity on the screen has decreased. I've been finding that I've had to tap more than once (sometimes repeatedly) on some functions to get a response that I previously had no trouble with. I've not tried any other ROMs and I haven't gone back to stock to test. I also am NOT using any type of screen protector.

Has anyone else had similar issues?

Advertisement
  2. Needsdecaf

Needsdecaf Well-Known Member

Some of the kernels have issues with touch sensitivity, especially in the keyboard. It's why I'm running DM 1.0.

3. wxjeremy

Which kernel are you running? I'm using ChevyNo1's 1.2.
    Update: just went back to stock 550 kernel and so far seems to have greatly improved sensitivity. I'm not overly concerned about overclocking right now so will leave as is and see if this fixes it.

4. Needsdecaf

Needsdecaf Well-Known Member

Running the Droidmod kernel that comes with DroidMod 1.0 ROM.

I think it's got the fixes by t3hsteve that fixed the keyboard sensitivity. Those kernels used to perk things up big time before sholes / droidmod incorporated them. Pete did at one time as well until he removed the kernel from his ROM.

5. droidpcguru

droidpcguru Well-Known Member

This is one of the main reasons I stick with DM/SM ROMS. They have Steve's touchscreen fixes in the kernel. I'm waiting for a kernel with these fixes, 1.2G OC AND the CPU temp capability before even thinking of switching kernels..

6. wxjeremy

another update. just installed DM 1.2 kernel. so far just as good as stock kernal, much better than ChevyNo1 1.2. Contemplating going to DM 1.0 ROM, but will see how current setup holds up for the time being.

7. droidpcguru

droidpcguru Well-Known Member

:p

8. Dan in PA

Dan in PA Active Member

I'm using BB 0.4 with a screen protector and notice no difference from stock without a screen protector...:confused:

9. wxjeremy

which kernel are you using? For me it wasn't BB 0.4, it was the kernel I was using with it. I'm using BB 0.4 with the DM 1.2 kernel and I think my sensitivity is back to where it should be. Going to give it a good run today and post results this evening.

10. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

I had a lot of problems with Chevy's kernel. Touch sensitivity being one of them, force closes, general slowdown and random restarts being the others. Changing to the Droidmod kernel worked for me as well, but I'm still on BB mod. I like the current setup. It works very well together.