Screen Sensitivity Issues??General

Last Updated:

1. deathratlehead

deathratlehead Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Dec 3, 2009
    Has anyone noticed that sometimes the phone has strange sensitivity issues? For instance, when in the browser, I can move my finger in a circular motion and the page will move alone with it...but if I'm moving up or down and page and then begin to move in a circular motion or even go left to right, the screen will not register it at all until I let off and then press my finger back down on it again. It don't really remember it happening before but it could just be that I never noticed it.

Also, for those using the Movies app, perhaps you can check this for me. When I bring up my list of showtimes, I'll start to scroll through them but doing a light flick on the screen as I always would...but unless I wait for it to stop scrolling completely before trying to flick again, the screen doesn't seem to register and it acts as if I clicked on a movie and it brings up the description. Anyone else notice this?

2. pkopalek

pkopalek Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2009
    For browser, the screen tries to interpret what you're doing. For instance, you could be trying to just scroll 'down' and read, or scroll 'right' and look at a toolbar.

If you START by dragging the page diagonally, it will pick that up pretty quickly. Sometimes if you are aiming MOSTLY straight up and down while you're swiping the screen or MOSTLY left and right, it will stick along that axis. It's to make it EASIER for you to browser, not harder.

I wish there were a way to turn this off. I just make sure I start my swipe diagonally, and do it over half the screen instead of just a small area. Then it usually moves where I want it to, rather than just vertically/horizontally.