• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Screen Sensitivity

recDNA

Android Enthusiast
Aug 4, 2010
Anybody else find that sometimes taps to open an item in a scrolling list (like Tapatalk version of this forum or Twitter or anything to open a thread from a list) do not work. I find about 20% of the time I have to tap a second time to get a thread to open. Can happen anywhere really. sometimes I even see the little tap animation yet it does nothing and I have to tap again for it to really work. Never happens when typing. Only when clicking to open something.

I removed my Zagg but it made no difference. Anybody else have this issue? Can you suggest a solution?

Thanks!

Same has happened to me. A number of the apps are auto updated on my phone so you have to watch for "app not installed" remove and replace icon. But yes again I have had sensitivity issues with the screen. I thought it was the factory screen protector so I have of course replaced it with an aftermarket one and still experience the issue. A bit annoying and I thought I was alone.

Upvote 0
I've experienced this too. It happens most often when I'm trying to tap the "Motion Photos" button that is close to where the screen starts to bend. I've also noticed it occasionally on other buttons though that are away from the screen edge. I don't have a screen protector on the phone.
How about selections from lists like picking a thread from this forum or opening a tweet in twitter? That is when it happens to me most often. I expect anything on the curve to suck but not the middle of the screen.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones