Screen Setting?General

Last Updated:

1. jwm2

jwm2 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I just had an issue earlier today where i was calling my credit card company to get a hold on the account removed. Anyhow i dialed the number and everything was just fine then when the machine on the other end asked me to put in my telephone # i took the phone away from my ear but the keypad would just pop up and back down really quickly. It wouldn't give me enough time to hit a key before it went back down. Anyhow luckily i was able to say my number as an alternative option but in the future it would be nice to know how to keep my keypad active or how to activate it during a call. I tried pressing the menu button and call button but those didn't do anything. Does anyone else know what might work in this situation for next time? Kinda frustrating when making an important call and the phone doesn't do what you need it to. This is one case where having a slide out keyboard would have been handy :/

Advertisement
  2. Aimy77

Aimy77 Well-Known Member

Try going to SETTINGS>SOUND & DISPLAY>G-SENSOR CALIBRATION. Place your phone on a level table or something and hit Calibrate. This was happening to me when I updated to 2.1 but hadn't done the calibration over again. Let me know if it helps :)

3. TheSultan

TheSultan Well-Known Member

any idea why "calibration aborted" might happen while doing this?

4. Aimy77

Aimy77 Well-Known Member

Mine did the same thing the first time, but trying a second time was the charm. Sometimes if the phone gets little vibrations it throws off the calibration and aborts it, so just make sure you don't touch the phone!