1. Tablet future looks bright! Read more about: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    New Forums: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    Dismiss Notice

Screen SettingsSupport

Last Updated:

1. Muilisx

Muilisx Well-Known Member

Am I blind? Or is there a option I am not seeing to make the screen turn on when I receive a email or text?

Advertisement
  2. KOLIO

KOLIO SERIAL AGNOANDROIDIST Guide

Check your email &/or gmail app.Press menu,settings.It gives a notification bar option, thats all I could find.
  3. Muilisx

I get the notification just fine, but the phone doesn't light up along with it. Most phone screens light up when you get a text
  4. joser116

joser116 Guest

I dont think theres an option for that.
  5. Muilisx

Damn, that is odd
  6. KOLIO

With an audible notification as well,as an incoming text does.l think I saw an app in the market for what you're wanting ,might wanna check it out.
  7. Muilisx

Do you know what it is called?
  8. KOLIO

Sorry,can't help you there.It just sounded like something I came across while app browsing
    recently.Gonna look around,be back later.
  9. Muilisx

Cool, Thanks
  10. KOLIO

Check out"E-MAIL NOTIFIER"(free),in the the market.Not sure if it has what you want,but at
    the price,it's worth checking out.
  11. Muilisx

That will only light up the screen only with incoming emails, I really need one for texts. I found Text Notifier, but from the reviews, not worth the download. Maybe this will be fixed in 2.2
  12. KOLIO

Gonna look some more.On a similar subject,when I attempt to activate call waiting,I get a code is empty message,notify you carrier(Cricket).I've had this promlem before rooting,did'nt notice it 'til recently,just assumed it worked out of the box,since it is a listed feature with the$55/mo. Plan. Any similar problems with your call waiting?
    By the way, all forwarding does the same thing.Not a huge issue,being that I seldom use either function,but I would expect each of these to work out of the box.More likely than not, it's probably a Cricket issue,since yours works.Other than billing issues,I don't have the patience to deal with Cricket's wonderful 1-800 customer service department.
  13. Muilisx

no my call waiting is fine
    KOLIO likes this.
  14. KOLIO

Back once again.Might want to check out 1)MIXED MESSAGE FLASHER,2)G-MAIL TOAST, &/OR 3&4) E-MAIL/G-MAIL NOTIFIER.All are free.
  15. vsofiy

vsofiy Member

if you use chompsms it has an option for that... download from market
  16. Muilisx

I actually like my stock sms, Huawei failed by not adding that feature
  17. joser116

joser116 Guest

Im not sure but Huawei had no option. Even if they wanted to, they couldnt. Google js behind this for not adding that feature to Android 2.1
  18. Jazziette

Jazziette Well-Known Member

Mine always does, at the same time it is playing "Mr Postman". LOL
  19. Jazziette

Hmmmm. I haven't downloaded any email or sms programs. And yet when I get an email message OR a phone call my screen lights up and plays the song I have it set to play.

Sounds to me like something is wrong with your phone or that in removing certain stock apps you might have disabled the process.
  20. Muilisx

I only deleted bloatware

1 Boingo Wifi
    2 MetroPCS Easy Wifi
    3 Games
    4 Online Banking
    5 Loopt
    6 Mocospace
    7 Documents to Go
    8 Virtual card
    9 Uno

None of those would cause that issue.
  21. Muilisx

Seems Joser has the same issue.
  22. Jazziette

Did it ever light up for you, NY? Like as in 'before you rooted'?
  23. Jazziette

I know I have changed the notification settings but I'm not sure now what I did. I have different ringtones for everthing just about.

So maybe when these ringtones come on it causes the screen to light up.

Last night when I was transferring files to my laptop from my phone the screen lit up and played a tune and made a beautiful musical alert sound I hadn't heard before.
  24. Muilisx

No, even my 1st Ascend didn't either. Are you SURE yours light up when you get a text?
  25. Jazziette

Can you try adding ringtones as a notification of some contacts and then ask them to call you or call yourself from your land line and see if it lights up?