Screen shifting after sleepSupport

Last Updated:

1. Motogirl

Motogirl Member This Topic's Starter

Just got an incredible (ebay - had to get rid of Eris) and New, out of the box the phone powers up fine. But the minute it comes out of sleep mode, the screen has scrolled to a different location - however, I need to actually push the screen in the location where the button I want to press should be located.

I hope I'm being clear enough here...a bit difficult to describe.

Have been searching here for an hour, but can't find anything like this so had to make a new thread. Sorry if it's a duplication.

Thanks in advance for any insight - dreading calling Verizon.

Advertisement
  2. wayrad

wayrad Well-Known Member

Does it only do it at that one time, or randomly? If the latter, try wiping the optical joystick with a microfiber cloth.

Also, are you running a third party launcher? I remember LauncherPro defaults to a different home screen than HTC Sense does.

3. Motogirl

Motogirl Member This Topic's Starter

Well, it's on the way back. It was right out of the box - tried factory reset (although it WAS from the factory)

It was doing it all the time - and to random locations. It had to do with how it came out of sleep mode.

It's just broken :(

But - seems awesome - so much faster than the Eris!

Thanks!

4. niseag03

niseag03 Member

Mine has been doing this! I came to the boards to see if anyone else has had this issue. My husband didn't want to believe me until he saw it with his own eyes... my phone is sitting all alone and the screen keeps shifting back and forth to other screens, like someone is scrolling back and forth.

It's not a big deal, really, and it doesn't do it all the time. But it will keep the phone from going to sleep on its own, and it is just plain creepy!!