SCREEN SHOT DOESNT workSupport

Last Updated: 2013-02-08 12:47:34
  1. natnat

natnat Well-Known Member

Hi guys, For some reason my screen shot isnt working. When I swipe my finger across the screen nothing happens. Does anyone know why this could be or does anyone know another way to screen capture as the swipe method is rubbish anyway?Thank you. Nat

Advertisement
  2. tensazan

tensazan Well-Known Member

You have to use more than just your finger. Try actually using the side of your palm. Also, do you have motion enabled, along with the swipe option in the motion settings?
  3. BynoUK

BynoUK Well-Known Member

Yeah swiping a finger across the screen won't achieve a screenshot at all, palm swipe from right to left (hand being in a karate chop position)

Alternatively press and hold power & home simultaneously until the screenshot is captured.
  4. Pookeysgirl

Pookeysgirl Well-Known Member

Agreed...make sure you hold it for at least a few seconds.
  5. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

I find the key combo very difficult.

Best way to describe swipe is, as said the side of the palm. Imagine a karate chop onto the edge of the screen (left or right) then swiping that hand slowly from one edge to the other.
  6. Pookeysgirl

Pookeysgirl Well-Known Member

I leave the phone on a table so I can press both buttons. I've never been able to get the swipe to work for me :eek:
  7. silentwitness

silentwitness Well-Known Member

the button press is very easy u just need to keep both buttons pressed for a few seconds not just tap and release.
  8. jaydub110

jaydub110 Well-Known Member

I can't get mine to work either, I just hold the home button & the power button together for a few seconds & that works too.
  9. SUroot

This I know. It's just overly awkward compared to swipe for me.
  10. GTWalling

GTWalling Well-Known Member

Also make sure the Swipe for Screenshot is turned on. Settings/Motion and scroll down and make sure Palm swipe to capture is checked.
  11. steven55

steven55 Member

I have an app in beta called Screen Grabber that makes it easier to share screen grabs once taken. If you want to try it just send me a private message and I'll send you the link.

Thanks, Steve
  12. SUroot

Thanks. Although on the S3, the built in screen shot function already has a brilliant share function in the notification area:

[​IMG]
  13. Gmash

Gmash Well-Known Member

The thing I hate about swiping to do a screenshot, is when I'm trying to take a shot of my home screen the screen moves to my next home screen. Really annoying. It usually takes about five tries before I get one that's not between home screens lol.
  14. bobolinko

bobolinko Well-Known Member

It works absolutely great!

view the 2 videos listed here and remember, if right-to-left doesn't do it for you, try doing it left-to-right!

samsung galaxy s3 (PALM SWIPE TO TAKE SCREEN SHOT) - YouTube

How To Use Palm Swipe To Capture Screenshots On The Samsung Galaxy S3 (S III) - Phones 4u - YouTube

I'll bet you get to make it work after watching them. The first one is the best.
  15. natnat

natnat Well-Known Member

THANKS GUYS,I did know how to use swipe capture ive used it loads but it stopped working. Just checked though and my motion sensor was switched off in settings?Also thank you as I didn't know you could do the 2 button press. I wasnt holding them long enough, I much prefere this.Thanks again
  16. gingersnapgirl

gingersnapgirl Well-Known Member Contributor

I find it incredibly easy, but I came from the iPhone and this was the only way to do it on the iPhone.

It works consistently for me, the first time, whereas swiping, I sometimes have to try multiple times to get it to work.
  17. valorian

valorian Well-Known Member

Your not supposed to touch the screen when swiping. Swipe across just off the screen surface.
  18. SUroot

What?

No, you're supposed to touch the screen. Maybe your way only works for those who report more sensitive capacative screens but it certainly doesn't work for me that way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4dPoY1Z6hc
  19. Gmash

Gmash Well-Known Member

Just tried it, didn't work for me, either.
  20. natnat

natnat Well-Known Member

nope doesnt work for me, I have to touch the screen.