Screen Shot for Samsung Captivate on Froyo?

Last Updated:

1. 2manyPHONES

2manyPHONES Well-Known Member

works great thanks

2. white1981

white1981 Member

how do you use this app?
  3. fastoy

fastoy Member

On the free version, when you launch it you'll find "capture from notification." Check that. Just below is "capture delay." I set that to 1 second. Then exit the app. When you want to capture a screen drag the notification bar down and click on the "Screen Capture Shortcut" notification. After the delay period (1 second in my case) the screen will be captured and written to a folder in internal storage named "ScreenCapture." It appears that the donate version has an option to "capture on shake."
  4. troublsome

troublsome New Member

Took a quick pic of the default home screen.
  5. fldude99

fldude99 Well-Known Member

Your home screen...hmmmm....hope that's not in your closet
  6. lotreaglesfan

lotreaglesfan Well-Known Member

yeah here's mine haha ;) running stock froyo (and adw launcher)

7. BigCat8

BigCat8 Well-Known Member

I was hoping the age of those comments had something to do with it, as all the ones I saw were posted before the release of Froyo for the Captivate.

8. Frenzy2223

Frenzy2223 Well-Known Member

Couldn't download screen capture shortcut from app brain for some reason, but got it from the market and it works great.
  9. Buddha64

Buddha64 Well-Known Member

Maybe because I'm already rooted...
  10. BookLover

BookLover Well-Known Member

BIG THANKS, BIGCAT!!! -- I'm so happy I can do screen captures without rooting!

Here's my "Night" homescreen -- Wallpaper changes depending on which profile is active.

11. waybenn

waybenn New Member

I just had the same thing happen to me. I somehow accidentally took a screen shot. The phone made the camera shutter sound and there was a screenshot in my gallery. I'm trying to find something somewhere explaining how it's done on purpose. I realize there are apps out there, but obviously it's built into the phone. I just want to know how it works.
  12. julie524

julie524 Active Member

I just installed this app and it works great for me. Thank BigCat!

13. Chuckee

Chuckee Member

Hi. I've confirmed as well that you can, in fact, take a screenshot on a samsung captivate with button presses.
    I did it by accident. I was trying to exit an app by pressing the back button quickly. The phone made a shutter sound and the words "screen captured" popped up on the screen.
    I went to the gallery and found a new picture folder labeld, "screen capture".
    I haven't been able to do it again...
    I am running android 2.2.
  14. fastoy

fastoy Member

While I noted above that I'm using "Screen Capture Shortcut," today I accidentally took a screen shot WITHOUT using this app. I had started WeatherBug by accident. As other users of WeatherBug will know, it's not quick to start. I didn't want WeatherBug running so I began pressing "Back" to no avail EXCEPT I got this pop-up saying "Screen Captured" and a couple of images appeared in the "ScreenCapture" folder.
  15. meglette

meglette New Member

Exactly my problem and i cant figure it out..
  16. smaggs

smaggs Active Member

Interesting...Just going through my gallery and noticed i took one the other day also. No idea how
  17. username1

username1 New Member

I accidentally took three screen shots today while pressing the home button on my captivate. My phone was going slow and freezing so it must have thought I put the screen capture combination of keys in and they shoe up in my gallery under screen capture... I can't seemto repeat it though. I don't know how I did it, but I know it's possible.
  18. Jessica2590

Jessica2590 New Member

I was reading a text message just now, and when I pressed the home key, my phone froze. I pressed the back key and got no response, then the home key again with no response, then I tried locking my phone (I'm almost positive it was in that order). When it finally came to, it said something along the lines of "capturing screen shot", then it created a new folder in my images gallery called "ScreenCapture" with an image of my phone screen when I was in my text conversation. Maybe it takes a combination of a frozen phone and button mashing to make it work.. :p That being said, I haven't been able to duplicate it.

(I updated to 2.2 about a month ago, and I don't have any screen capture apps installed.)
  19. Aerodrifting

Aerodrifting Active Member

blah the screen capture shortcut program is no longer available on android market!
  20. davep13

davep13 Well-Known Member

21. Aerodrifting

Aerodrifting Active Member

22. BigCat8

BigCat8 Well-Known Member

Few questions:

1) Are you updated to 2.2?
    2) Are you rooted?
    3) Does using the QR code work?

Hopefully one of these works for you. If not, I'll see if I can grab the .apk for you.
  23. arnavsen

arnavsen New Member

Guys i found d key combination for taking a screenshot without installing any app
    Simply keep ur back buttom pressed and press the home/center key twice.
    Works fine for me on d Galaxy S...try it out
  24. fastoy

fastoy Member

On my Captivate if I press and hold the back softkey and press the home softkey twice nothing happens.
  25. RedRyno

RedRyno Well-Known Member

nothing... :confused: