1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

Screen Shot on Transformer TF101General

1. caravaggio

caravaggio Well-Known Member

Does anyone know how to do a screen shot on Transformer TF101 (operating with ICS 4.0.3)?

Is there a direct way to do it on the keyboard, or do you have to download an app?

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. caravaggio

From the number of hits on this query, I assume that people are interested in how to take a screen shot on a TF101 - but from the lack of replies, it seems that nobody knows how!

If anyone knows how to do this, there are a lot of us out here eager to learn how.

Please put us out of our misery.

Thanks
  3. vosg

vosg Well-Known Member

Hold both Power and Volume Down. The sreenshots are saved in /sdcard/Screenshots
    wendy89 and caravaggio like this.
  4. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Head to Settings -> Asus Customised Settings -> Screenshot (Tick).

Press and hold the recent apps apps key et voila! :)
    wendy89, Radicalee and caravaggio like this.
  5. caravaggio

A big thank you to vosg and El Presidente for their generous replies.

Now I have to reveal my incompetence. :(

1. When I hold down the power and volume (up I presume) all that happens is my device goes into sleep mode!!

2. El Presidente's method obviously seems the correct route - if only I could find the "recent apps key" !!

I have checked "screenshot" in the Asus personal settings, but where is the "recent apps key"?
  6. El Presidente

No problem! :)

The recent apps key is the on screen button that looks like one square behind another, it sits to the right of the home button.

See it?
    caravaggio likes this.
  7. caravaggio

Ha Ha! Thank you El Presidente.

My confusion was because I am using a physical keyboard.

The key you refer to (overlapping squares) is only on the screen keyboard. I found it and indeed it does work - perfectly.

I have since located the key on the physical keyboard that takes the screenshot. It's the eighth key from the left on the top row and has a little camera superimposed on a square. It also works perfectly.

Many thanks. :D
    El Presidente likes this.
  8. El Presidente

I've the dock too and I didn't know that key did it, so thanks!
  9. caravaggio

Isn't this forum wonderful!!

:D
  10. El Presidente

It's alright! :p
  11. mikecanuck

mikecanuck New Member

This doesn't seem to work on mine. I had no problems the old w a y (recent apps) but that doesn't work since the update to 4.0.3. I've tried every variation of power/volume button combination press but its not capturing the screen. Any help would be appreciated.
  12. caravaggio

The power/volume method doesn't work for me either, but there are two other ways:

1. In the black strip at the bottom of the screen is an icon (3rd from left) that is two overlapping rectangles. If you touch that it will do a screenshot.

2. On the dock keyboard, the 8th button from the left on the top row of keys shows an icon of a camera. Pressing that will also take a screenshot.

Hope these will work for you.
  13. AutobahnSHO

AutobahnSHO Well-Known Member

You have to hold it for a second or two...
  14. wendy89

wendy89 Member

Both ways work for me (after turning the feature on ) thanks :)