Screen shot wave motion?General

1. Eric5964

Eric5964 Active Member

Supposedly you can move your hand across the screen to take a screen shot? My motion setting is turned on, but I have yet to get that feature to work? Anyone help?

EricE

Advertisement
    :
  2. finn5975

finn5975 Well-Known Member

I struggled with this on the S3. Make sure that the edge of your hand glides across the glass from right to left (direction shouldnt matter) while touching the glass. By edge of your hand, imagine you were to karate chop the screen. Let us know if it works for you!
  3. Eric5964

Eric5964 Active Member

I have watched tutorials, YouTube videos, restarted the unit, turned the feature on/off...nothing gets it to work. Even tried my wife's hand versus mine thinking I was like a vampire or something...no go....anyone else have a problem with their swipe to screen capture on the SGN2?

EricE
  4. treb1797

treb1797 Well-Known Member

Press & hold the home & power buttons at the same time for about 2 to 3 seconds. This will also take a screen shot.
  5. Eric5964

Eric5964 Active Member

Yes, I get that....but I would like to be able to use this fancy motion feature...

EricE
  6. treb1797

treb1797 Well-Known Member

Best of luck my friend. It never works when I want it to on my S3. So I gave up & just do the home & power button way.
  7. Eric5964

Eric5964 Active Member

That is so lame that they would advertise it as a feature when it clearly does not work...very unlike the rest of the phone.

EricE
  8. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me Guide

You stopped after turning on motion.

• Settings
    • Motion (On) now tap the word Motion to get to other options
    • Scroll down to Hand Motion Section - Palm swipe to capture

[​IMG] [​IMG]
  9. Eric5964

Eric5964 Active Member

All set with that...just does not work....does yours? Or anyone's?

Thanks
    EricE
  10. ScandaLeX

Yes mine does. Works every time. Can you describe how you're placing your hand when you try to do a screen shot.
    It shouldn't be palm down.
  11. finn5975

finn5975 Well-Known Member

Mine works every time for what it's worth.
  12. colnago

colnago Well-Known Member

Mine works 100%...with my the side of my right hand, pressing slightly on the outer left edge of the phone, I swipe from left to right all the way across the screen.
  13. Liam548

Liam548 Well-Known Member

you can also use the s pen, just press button on s pen and press and hold screen.
  14. red_ant

red_ant New Member

I believe you have to position the side of your hand at the edge of the phone then slide your hand onto the LCD then across. The trick is to not touch the LCD, but swipe onto the LCD from the edge
  15. Eric5964

Eric5964 Active Member

That doesn't make sense.... "The trick is to not touch the LCD, but swipe onto the LCD from the edge"

I have swiped just like the demo ideas....no luck

EricE
  16. h1r0ll3r

h1r0ll3r Well-Known Member

well, I finally got it to work. I had to touch the screen with the edge of my hand and swipe it across the screen. Need to do a nice slow pace (about 1 second) from side to side.
  17. Elantric

Elantric Well-Known Member

Works for me here on my AT&T USA Note 2

But I must use this technique:

1 ) Hold Phone with left hand

2 ) With your right hand, hold it straight and vertical like a "karate chop" , keeping the lower edge of your right hand area between your palm and tip of little finger as straight as possible.

3) Place your right hand 1 inch to the left of the face of the Note 2

4) With a slow even uniform motion, sweep your right hand left to right across the front face of the phone. Be sure to start the sweeping motion in dead space left of the phone, and be sure when your right hand first contacts the front face glass on the left side, your hand makes broad multi contact with the entire front glass ( top to bottom )

5) within 1 second of the left to right hand sweep, you should hear a camera snap sound and the screen should blank for a second, and a message saying the screen was copied to the clipboard.
  18. Eric5964

Eric5964 Active Member

So you actually make contact with the screen? I thought it was done with a wave and detected by the motion detector?

EricE
  19. ScandaLeX

Yes you do. Take the side of your hand and swipe it across the screen while touching the screen. Edge to edge.
  20. Eric5964

Eric5964 Active Member

Whenever I do it, it wants to open an app or do something on the screen, not stand still for a picture...very strange

EricE
  21. ScandaLeX

Eric I've tried different degrees of pressure from light to hard and still able to capture the screen. Are you hesitating as you swipe across?
  22. Liam548

Liam548 Well-Known Member

Easier with the pen...
  23. ScandaLeX

Both are once you get the hang of it.
  24. Elantric

Elantric Well-Known Member

25. peter7769

peter7769 Well-Known Member

Mine works perfectly well also uploadfromtaptalk1353087974971.jpg