screen shotsGeneral

Last Updated:

1. mseif

mseif Well-Known Member

I used to take screen shots very easily on my S2. Now with S4 it is much more difficult. I use ofcourse the same 2 buttons , the On/off and the menu buttons, but it works only every 5 or 6 trials.
    Also I do not hear a sound, so it is difficult to know that I did take the shot.

Is there a way to re-configure the buttons or make them work easily, and hear the sound /

Thanks in advance.

2. ScorpDX

ScorpDX Well-Known Member

Should be using the power and home button. Not the menu button.
  3. mseif

mseif Well-Known Member

Thanks and sorry , you are right. I meant the home actually and not the meue. I already took some shots, but i have to repat the trial many times.

Can I cinfigure it by another set of buttons ?
  4. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member

Simply enable Palm motion and capture the screen by swiping the side of your hand from one side of the screen to the other.
    mseif likes this.
  5. SebaKL

SebaKL Well-Known Member

Make sure you press and HOLD, till the screenshot happens.
    Don't just press and let go.

Or, as Hawker suggested, use the palm swipe:
    System Settings - My device - Motion and Gestures <slide the toggle button to turn it on> - touch the Palm Motion text to enter sub menu, where you can select Capture Screen.
    mseif likes this.
  6. mseif

mseif Well-Known Member

Thank you Hawker and SebaKL, really appreciate it, will test it.
  7. beowulf7

beowulf7 Well-Known Member

It's not so simple if the palm swipe doesn't work. I tried dozens of times and it doesn't work for me. I have the VZW version running the older MDK (not ME7) firmware. Perhaps it's the firmware update that fixes it, but I don't want to lose root. So, I'll just do the 2-button salute to take a screenshot.