Screen showing a phone that has a red triangle with an exclamation point in it. What does it mean?

Last Updated:

1. nlord83

nlord83 New Member

I'm a new to all of this so please just try to bare with me.

For a while now I have been trying to install cyanogenmod 7 on my mytouch 4g. I rooted it, backed up my files on MyBackup Root, flashed clockwork recovery, and when I rebooted it to get to the clockwork recovery screen, a phone with a red exclamation point in a triangle on it showed up instead. I did a little research and from what I've read it seems like it has to do something with turning S-On to S-Off. Is this correct? And if so, how do I do it? No matter what I try, it seems as if though I'll never get past this stupid red exclamation point screen...very frustrating. :mad:

Advertisement
  2. xmr405o

xmr405o Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums, nlord! I think the folks at our MT4G forums will help. This is a root question so maybe you can find your answer there or at least get help from the proper folks. I don't have a MT4G, sorry.

Good luck. Sorry about your frustration.

MyTouch 4G - All Things Root - Android Forums
  3. bryanlee1981

bryanlee1981 Member

I found the following. Maybe it will help.

If you boot into the bootloader (by holding volume down + power) does it say S-ON or S-OFF at the top?

If you're S-OFF, you can flash a custom recovery file by downloading and placing it on the root of your SD card.

If you're S-ON, you'll have to either use an RUU utility or an RUU zip file to flash back to stock