screen slightly creaksSupport

Last Updated:

1. Jayden

Jayden New Member This Topic's Starter

the droid is my first slider phone so i'm not sure if this is just normal, but when the phone is closed and you put some pressure on the corners/sides of the screen... does it wobble a little and give a small creaking sound? i'd hate to exchange this phone when i'm having zero problems other than this issue :/

Advertisement
  2. jbert

jbert Active Member

I'm having the same issue when the slider is extended. It seems to be only the corner with the "Back" button. Did you end up replacing your phone? Anyone else with vertical play in the slider?

3. blazingwolf

blazingwolf Well-Known Member

I am. Haven't decided if I should try returning it or not. It can be annoying when it squeaks.

4. Jayden

I haven't returned it yet as I wasn't sure if it's due to normal wear of the slider so I was waiting on some input from others. It's good to know I'm not the only one with this issue. I notice that when I look at the side of my phone with it closed, the corner with the back button is slightly higher than the top corner and I'm able to push it down.. thinking this is what's causing the squeaks.

5. jbert

jbert Active Member

I made a call to my local Best Buy, where I bought the phone, and they told me to bring it in so they can take a look at it. They ended up exchanging my phone for a new one. Wow, what a difference! This phone is much more solid than my previous phone. I don't know if it matters, but the old phone was manufactured 39/09 where the new one is 43/09.

6. Jayden

Awesome, no squeaks at all? Guess I was 2 away from a solid phone (mine's 41/09). Dang it, I just put on a body skin from Phantom Skinz too lol.

If it isn't a problem, could you keep me posted if over time it exhibits the same issue? I won't be able to exchange my phone until Tuesday as I won't be in the area I purchased my phone until then. (got it from an authorized reseller, sigh.) Thanks!

7. jbert

jbert Active Member

I wouldn't really blame the squeaks on the build date. This may have no influence at all. I will keep you updated if it turns out to be normal wear and tear. The Best Buy employee said he would expect my problem after several years of use, not from one week. He said in his experience it is fairly common for sliders to develop some play over time.