• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Screen stays on. Screen doesn't timeout.

I posted this in the Support and Troubleshooting forum but didn't get any replies, so I thought I'd post it in the main forum.

Hopefully some of you guys/gals/aliens (illegal or not, I don't mind) can help me out with this one.

Here's my problem:

Sometimes my screen doesn't time-out.

I'll clear out to the home-screen and leave my phone alone, and after several minutes, it's still doesn't time out.

I have to press the lock/power button for it to time out.

Normally it will time out after a brief moment (30 seconds) but not all the time.

I don't have any programs that keep the display on, and I can't for the life of me figure out why the screen isn't timing out.

I've power-cycled, but that hasn't seemed to solve this issue.

Any ideas anyone?

does the screen only stay on when charging? I know there is a setting to make it do that.

Yeah, I'm not using that setting.

I powered off, removed the battery for a bit, then powered back on.

Screen seems to be timing out properly, but I'm going to keep an eye on it throughout the day.

Thanks, everyone, for your suggestions and quick responses.

Phandroid Members = Frigg-a-dope.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones