Screen stays on when battery is dying

Last Updated:

1. DrDude

DrDude Member This Topic's Starter

I hadn't charged my Droid in two days (yep, still working with GPS and WiFi on), so I thought I'd see how the phone alerted me that the battery was almost dead. When the LED began to flash red, the screen lighted up showing the lock screen with a notification that the battery has less than 10% charge remaining.

However, the screen would not turn off. It stayed illuminated, even after I (briefly) pushed the power button.

If I had wanted to preserve battery power, my only choice was to completely power off the phone.

This is the only situation I've encountered when the screen doesn't shut off after a period of inactivity. Also the only instance when it doesn't shut off when the power button is pressed. And it's probably the only situation where one would want these actions to occur to prevent faster battery drainage.

What have others noticed when their battery is dying?

Advertisement
  2. deftdrummer

deftdrummer Well-Known Member

Not necessarily related to when the battery is dying, but I've noticed that my Droid screen turns off 50% of the time when just left alone. This is with the setting turned to auto shut-off after 1 minute. For example, it seems as though if anything is touching the screen (with capacitive resistence that is,) then the screen will lock, but stay at the lock screen without shutting off the display. This is actually really bothersome to me.