• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Screen Streaky problem

ghost3h

Lurker
Nov 30, 2010
hey, i recently got a problem with my g1 screen going all streaky. Im not sure if its a hardware or software problem, so let me know what you think.

Basicaly the screen works fine when it is closed, but when i open it to the keyboard it goes all laggy and streaky, so i cnt see anything on it, just lines and messed up streaks of the previous screen. However it only happens wen i fully open the screen, if i half open the screen, so i can see the first 3 lines of the keyboard it works perfect, no problems, just wen i push it right up.

I also tried turning on orientation so wen i turned the screen on the side when it was closed, it works fine too. The touch screen still works fine. so even if the screen display is all streaking, i can still touch were something would be and it will work. E.g like the send button on a txt

any ideas pls?

thanx

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones