• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Screen takes a couple seconds to come on

FLAWLESSVW

Jun 18, 2011
Cleveland, OH
Ever since the day I got this phone it takes literally about 2 full seconds for the display to appear when I push the button (already powered on and on stand by of course).

Same delay while on a call and I take the phone away from my head and screen comes alive with the proximity sensor... Takes 2 second till my screen comes back and I can use my keypad.

It is mildly annoying and becoming more frustrating the more I use it.

What would cause this? Anyone else having this issue? Any insight or suggestions would be welcomed!

Sent from my SPH-D710BST using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Haha too funny! Sorry man!

I've read a couple things on xda...
One said use the most basic wallpaper for home and lock screen... I created a true monochrome black bg, as low res as possible. Didn't help.

Another post said unmount your sd; that didn't work either.

I read through stuff when it irritates me but haven't found anything worthwhile yet. If I ever do, you guys will be the first to know but I'm gathering it just is what it is.

Sent from my SPH-D710BST using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Upvote 0
Enable Google's thought reading use anticipation sensor in settings so the phone will know you plan on using it and be ready before you even touch it...

I timed mine as I woke it this morning and it took all of a second from the time I pushed the power button until the screen was lit up displaying the lock screen waiting for me to swipe it. Okay so yes that is not instantly on but still... Has everyone become that impatient? lol

Codegerm

Reactions: LilBit
Upvote 0
Enable Google's thought reading use anticipation sensor in settings so the phone will know you plan on using it and be ready before you even touch it...

I timed mine as I woke it this morning and it took all of a second from the time I pushed the power button until the screen was lit up displaying the lock screen waiting for me to swipe it. Okay so yes that is not instantly on but still... Has everyone become that impatient? lol

Codegerm

Codegerm... can you send me the apk for that? I can't find it on the market!!! :D

I may need to adjust my last statement about SD card... when I did my previous test, I simply "unmounted" the SD and left it installed and saw no difference. Just now I physically removed the SD card and tested.

With the SD completely removed it takes a second or less (acceptable to me), where with the SD card in it's 2-2.5 seconds (annoying).

We've got people who are at a second or less, and others 2-2.5 sec. Would be interesting to know IF you have an SD card inserted and if so, what kind? I've got a (cheap) Micro Center 8GB, no idea if it's "Class 10" or any of that.

Let us know if SD could really be a factor? Make sure to fully remove, not just eject. I may upgrade SD or live without based on your guy's results.

Upvote 0
Codegerm... can you send me the apk for that? I can't find it on the market!!! :D

I may need to adjust my last statement about SD card... when I did my previous test, I simply "unmounted" the SD and left it installed and saw no difference. Just now I physically removed the SD card and tested.

With the SD completely removed it takes a second or less (acceptable to me), where with the SD card in it's 2-2.5 seconds (annoying).

We've got people who are at a second or less, and others 2-2.5 sec. Would be interesting to know IF you have an SD card inserted and if so, what kind? I've got a (cheap) Micro Center 8GB, no idea if it's "Class 10" or any of that.

Let us know if SD could really be a factor? Make sure to fully remove, not just eject. I may upgrade SD or live without based on your guy's results.

It is part of the yummy goodness that runs Google Now on FK23 isn't it?:D

I have a Sandisk Ultra class 10 16GB card in my phone, I am running FK23 rooted. I do not have apps pushed onto the card as I use it for photos and backup file storage and any music I care to put on it. If you move any apps to sd I would use the "internal" sd card (the phones storage that is used as a sdcard) as that has read and write speeds that blow away even the best class 10 sdcards I have seen.

Codegerm

Upvote 0
Funny thing is I know better than to cheap-out on SD cards over the years. I bought this one for something stupid and had it laying around.

CG: I anticipated you would say one of 2 things, either NO sd card, or a SanDisk SD class 10. I think I may have a 2GB class 10 laying around - would be interesting to test with.

I have no apps running from external SD but I wonder if the phone is looking for such apps every time. Stock/rooted running AGAT FI27 stock repack kernel. I may throw Blu Kuban on tonight (unrelated to this, just think I may like it).

Upvote 0
Funny thing is I know better than to cheap-out on SD cards over the years. I bought this one for something stupid and had it laying around.

CG: I anticipated you would say one of 2 things, either NO sd card, or a SanDisk SD class 10. I think I may have a 2GB class 10 laying around - would be interesting to test with.

I have no apps running from external SD but I wonder if the phone is looking for such apps every time. Stock/rooted running AGAT FI27 stock repack kernel. I may throw Blu Kuban on tonight (unrelated to this, just think I may like it).

Did you test with a different SD card?

Upvote 0

Codegerm

How do I get to the anticipation sensor thingey?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones