Screen takes awhile to come back up during callTips

Last Updated:

1. SGL1

SGL1 Member

I may have fixed this as I have adjusted the "Time-out" settings but mine is a minor annoyance. But during a call when I take the phone away from ear and looking at it the screen takes a good second or so before it will appear. Now if I hit the side switch to turn on screen (which also takes a good 1/2 sec) I believe it will turn on. Anyone else have this issue?

2. KitsapAndroid

KitsapAndroid Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure that the second you speak of is how long it takes for the sensor to tell the phone that it's not covered up anymore. I don't think you will get it to be any faster, and I also do not think it's an Android issue or even a hardware issue. It's just the sensor doing it's job. My best advice is to get used to it, and not fret over something so minor. ;)
  3. SGL1

SGL1 Member

Is it possible to just keep the entire screen lit during the duration of the call?
  4. KitsapAndroid

KitsapAndroid Well-Known Member

Why yes, there is. On your phone, it's phone>menu>settings>proximity sensor. Make sure the box is unchecked and then the screen will no longer shut off. :)
    SGL1 and Method760 like this.
  5. SGL1

SGL1 Member

Yeah I found that thanks.
  6. megelizabeth

megelizabeth Member

I believe that is because of the Super AMOLED screen on the phone. I believe it takes a little longer to 'boot up,' so to speak. It's the same way when you turn on the screen to go to use it. It does bother me too, but it's something that I've just gotten used to.
  7. jkrezdorn

jkrezdorn Member

I have almost the same issue. When on speaker phone, the screen will not turn on...anyone else and how to fix? I have phone set to end call by hitting upper side button so I can't turn on that way.