1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Support Screen time out lock assistance please

1. princetonbc

princetonbc Active Member

Hi, I just got a loner Galaxy from Bell while my phone is getting repaired (thank you 2.2 update :mad:) Anyways to make a long story short this thing keeps locking up the screen. I changed the screen timeout to 1 minute but it goes black before that and I have to hold down the unlock button.

Is this a thing with this phone or can I turn it off?

thanks

Advertisement
  2. princetonbc

princetonbc Active Member

no one? there has to be someone with i7500. Does the screen lock come on all the time or can you change it?
  3. DaSchmarotzer

DaSchmarotzer Blame it on me VIP Member

I currently have Froyo on my i7500, but this has never been an issue for me on 1.6 or even on 1.5. Changed it to one minute right away and it worked just fine.

Since you have a replacement phone, I can't really suggest to change the firmware or stuff like that.
  4. Lelouch

Lelouch Well-Known Member

Yep, so putting custom ROM is a no go. Just bare with it until you get your original one back.
    Otherwise, Bell will not be so happy about it, maybe shocked at first to see Froyo on the unit. :p