screen timeout broken, keeps screen ON and drains.Support

1. lizebird

lizebird New Member

My screen timeout is set to 15 sec, but ever since a few weeks ago, it stays on. Whenever I check, the timeout gets changes to 1 minute. HOW/WHY does this happen? I've reset it each time. It always just goes back.

No apps are "automatic", or reset this. It just starting draining my battery before I noticed why.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Mistabonez

Mistabonez Member

Have you checked to see if you have it active in your Smart Actions app?
  3. carracerz14

carracerz14 Well-Known Member

Is it that hard to hit the power button tot turn the screen off? Personally I never rely on auto timeout because sometimes I only need to check my phone for a second and there's no point in leaving the screen on..
  4. xTye

xTye Well-Known Member

This is what I was going to say.

It's not hard...at all.
    carracerz14 likes this.
  5. Bugly

Bugly VIP Member VIP Member

Another thing a lot of people forget to try is a reboot. I can't tell you how many times that has fixed really weird stuff happening on my phones, BlackBerry, Android, you name it. Sometimes stuff just gets hung up in the RAM and won't let go....
  6. razrclive

razrclive Well-Known Member

As said just use the power button to turn off display instantly. And use the timeout just for the times you forget. 1 minute is not a bad setting and should not drain battery much on a Razr Maxx on the few times you forget the switch to do it manually..
  7. teddyearp

teddyearp A guide with guides Guide

lizebird since you posted this same question in multiple Motorola Phone sections, can we also ask you to tell us exactly which phone model you are having problems with?

Thanks.