Screen Timeout IssuesSupport

Last Updated:

1. j0atz

j0atz Member This Topic's Starter

My auto timeout is set to 15 seconds yet the past day it just stays on until I manually turn it off....anyone had this problem?

I have tried switching the auto timeout amount multiple times...still just sits here until I manually turn it off.

Advertisement
  2. kejlyCZ

kejlyCZ Well-Known Member

Check the permissions (Menu / Settings / Applications / Show Permissions). Some apks (music or video players, ...) use the permission WAKE_LOCK (I don't know how it's named in the permissions list, it's too long to scroll for me) to disable screen and sleep timeout, so it's probably caused by some apk (maybe wrong configured or defective).

3. j0atz

j0atz Member This Topic's Starter

I'm not seeing permissions that specific. I have to go into each application in the menu and under "permissions" it only gives a vague idea of what it is using.

4. kejlyCZ

kejlyCZ Well-Known Member

Sorry, this list is present in my G1 with Android 2.2 (with well described meaning).
    WAKE_LOCK should be named "prevent phone from sleeping" under apk permissions.

5. ArthurDents

ArthurDents Member

I had the No Notification LED app installed and it caused me to have this problem. Uninstalled and rebooted, havent had it since.