• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help screen timeout issues

ok, ive had my galaxy 2 for about a year n half and over the last week ive been having a really weird issue

when the phone is inactive, like sleep mode or timeout mode whatever you call it, the notification light is blinking but the screen wont come on

same thing charging while phone is still on, shows a red light as usual, go to check after a short period (about 5-10 minutes, tops 30) and same issue, the screen wont show up and i have to restart the phone completely

before this issue ive uninstalled all apps that have recently been installed

this is really bugging me, please help

Well you tried what I would of suggest first was check recently installed apps.

Next thing I will suggest is have you tried a factory reset, that usually fixes most issues, might not be want you want to hear, but it is the faster way to get to the root of the issue. Make sure you back up your important files to be safe. ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones