Screen timeout locks phoneSupport

Last Updated:

1. bkkguy

bkkguy Member This Topic's Starter

every time the screen blanks after timeout it locks the phone - this is inconvenient because every time I pick the phone up to use I have to unlock it. is there any way to stop this - I would prefer it to never lock unless I use the power/lock button bkkguy

Advertisement
  2. bobtodd

bobtodd Active Member

3. nathanscott1985

nathanscott1985 Member

this has also been anooying me, just got no lock after reading this and works great :)

4. bkkguy

5. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Well-Known Member

Settings -> Sound and Display -> Screen timeout

just change the time to like 30 minutes. Should be long enough.

6. bkkguy

I have it sitting on my desk all day - 30 minutes is not the issue, I don't need to change the screen timeout, I just don't want it to lock when it does I installed NoLock and yes it does not lock when the screen times out so great, but unfortunately when I press the lock/power button is does not lock either - still Nolock is a great improvement bkkguy

7. Seifer

Seifer Active Member

Logically speaking, you dun need a lock screen at all for capacitive screen. Cause nothing is going to be able to trigger the screen other than your finger

8. bkkguy

yes, but when I am out and about I would prefer the lock screen to be active - it is the most useful screen to quickly check time and missed calls and requires an unlock pattern

bkkguy

9. dlemma

dlemma Member

I'm having the same issue on my Galaxy S II.
    I flashed it today with the latest firmware from Samfirmware, but nothing changed.
    In my HTC Desire, even being forced by Exchange security policies to enter a PIN to unlock the device, I can specify a timeout for this PIN to be entered (up to 15 minutes).

In the Galaxy, such menu item is not available :eek:, as it is really really annoying :mad:

I've tryed some "no-lock" applications from the markets, but they are not working at all.

To be precise, I want to keep the PIN lock, but it simply cannot force me to enter the PIN every time the screen goes off.

Has anyone any suggestion?
    Thanks