Screen timeout, puzzle lock, etc...Support

Last Updated:

1. bionik9

bionik9 Member This Topic's Starter

I had the weird issue of my screen staying on after texts, missed calls, etc. to the point that it would continue to drain the battery if I let it.

The only way to remedy this was seemingly to activate the puzzle lock piece. On a missed text, call, etc., the screen would turn on to notify me with a visible puzzle lock screen, but then shut off after literally 1 second.

Now I feel like I'm in a race against my own phone to detect a text and rip it out of my pocket to swipe the screen before it goes black and I have to hit the sleep/power button to turn it back on and swipe it that way.

It's stupid. Yes, I want the screen to not be on all day, but damn... 1 second? Is there any happy medium???:mad:

Advertisement
  2. LoweredStandards

LoweredStandards Well-Known Member

just made a post about the SAME thing, did you figure anything out? I may end up getting a new one if mine continues to do it

3. bionik9

bionik9 Member This Topic's Starter

No, I didn't figure anything out. Can anyone else confirm that this happens to theire phone? Or is mine a defective unit that needs to be replaced? I've tried power cycling, factory restores, etc.

I still have a puzzle lock screen that barely stays on long enough for me to put my finger in hyperdrive, racing to unlock it before it goes black. This is retarrded.

4. LoweredStandards

LoweredStandards Well-Known Member

Had something to do with the JI6 update I think. Not a defect because I have heard that they all do it. Stupid but its no biggie for me to have the puzzle lock enabled.