• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Screen timeout

Graz

Nov 5, 2009
I'm not much of an OP man but I've been struggling with this for awhile so I have to ask.

Menu > Settings > Sound & Display > Screen timeout

We all know the setting, but when I change this to 1 minute it ALWAYS goes back to 30 seconds for some reason. I'm not sure if it's after a reboot or not but it's annoying as hell. As I do appreciate the help please don't tell me about screenmode widget or any widget to KEEP the screen on as this is not what I wan, I want it to timeout after 1 minute not 30 seconds.

Running BB V0.8, one of Chevy's Kernels, some good apps some bad.

You mentioned screenmodewidget...do you have it installed? It was forcing the screen timeout to 30 seconds, no matter what you had it set for. It was just recently updated and the problem fixed. Now I have mine set to 1 minute and it stays at 1 minute.
There could be a similar situation with another widget or app too, in theory anyway??

Upvote 0
You mentioned screenmodewidget...do you have it installed? It was forcing the screen timeout to 30 seconds, no matter what you had it set for. It was just recently updated and the problem fixed. Now I have mine set to 1 minute and it stays at 1 minute.
There could be a similar situation with another widget or app too, in theory anyway??
I still have that installed, I'll look for an update.

EDIT: I do have the latest version, I see the developer saying it has fixed it. I guess only time will tell.

EDIT: EDIT: It is not, I repeat, NOT fixed. Set it to 1 minute, went to the widget, cycled through the options, went back to setting and it switch to 30 seconds.

Upvote 0
So I deleted the widget.

On another topic, anyone know of a good keep screen active widget??!!

I wonder if Screebl would work for you. It's free and it stays in the notification bar, so no widget to mess with. I use it and it does exactly what I need it to do. It will keep the screen on depending on the angle that you hold the phone, which you can adjust. If you lay the phone flat, the screen will shut off at the system screen timeout. If I'm reading something or just don't want the screen to shut off but don't want to hold it, I rest the phone against something on the table so it stays at an angle.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones