Screen timeout

Last Updated:

1. Hawkeye

Hawkeye Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all,

I'm having a problem with my screen timeout - nomatter what I set it to, it soon afterwards resets back to 30 seconds. I've tried 2 minutes, 10 minutes etc. and it might work immediately, but not long afterwards it gets reset.

The only thing I had running that I thought might possibly affect it was timeriffic, but I've deactivated that now and its still happening.

And yes, I know that apps like screenmodewidget and Screebl can be used to work around the problem, but I'd rather fix it!

Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. JameyK

JameyK Well-Known Member

I'm trying to keep my screen on during phone calls. I thought there was an app that did that, but I can't find it.

3. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

Actually screebl keeps resetting my timeout to minimum (even less than 15s), which is great normally but extremely annoying when trying to use the phone when lying down...

4. keyesdav

keyesdav Member

Upgrade your version of Screebl Lite to the latest. Auto setting of screen timeout is no longer done by Screebl. It assumes that you will do it manually.

In an upcoming version, there will be a preference option that will allow you to configure whether you want Screebl to control the Screen timeout for you automatically.

5. andy d

andy d Well-Known Member

Their is Shake awake from the market.

6. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

Hmm, now that you mention it I did get a new update for Screebl Pro in the last day or two, and setting it to 15s seems to have stuck since this morning.

I see from your other posts that you're the Screebl dev. Thanks for such a useful app :)