Screen times out while on speaker call????

1. mlw911

mlw911 Active Member

Really annoying that while on a speaker call the screens times out then I have to hit the bottom at the top of the phone to turn on and end call. Should I just increase time to timeout - but then I will be killing batter??

Advertisement
  2. sagedil

sagedil Well-Known Member

I have my screen set to 10 minutes. I have my own art as my wallpaper, I am vain, I have the best looking phone anywhere and like to show off LOL.

Has never really affected battery life. Other things far more impactful.
  3. RoboMonkey

RoboMonkey Well-Known Member

My screen timed out but always came back on, so that I could end the call.
    Past tense, because I currently do not own an EVO.

4. MsRandall

MsRandall Well-Known Member

If you you want to see the screen just move the phone...Mine will light back up if it i move the phone.
  5. IPvFletch

IPvFletch Well-Known Member

I did some testing on this and here's my findings:

When in a call, if you put the phone screen near your face it or another surface, it goes blank as expected. This is due to the proximity sensor and not wanting your cheek to accidentally hang up the call or something.

The screen remains unlocked for the duration of the call. The screen WILL go blank when near your face or after sitting still for a bit (10s?), but moving the phone or moving it away from your face will wake it up. After my 1 minute screen timeout, the screen will NOT wake up when you move it, NOR if you touch the screen. You MUST press PWR or VOL UP/DOWN to wake it. Note: Often times I found myself pressing these buttons more than once to wake it. Not sure if its lag or me improperly pressing the button (doubtful). The screen should remain UNLOCKED after waking back up EVEN AFTER the screen timeout period has passed.

After the call, if the screen was unlocked, the phone remains unlocked. If the phone was previously locked, it goes back to its locked state. This is for obvious security reasons (would be bad if an incoming call would unlock the phone).
    Quizshow likes this.
  6. mlw911

mlw911 Active Member

Thx Fletch!
  7. Prove it
  8. BigHAZE

BigHAZE Well-Known Member

Shake Awake....look for it in the android market. Works great while on the phone and you need it to wake up.

Couldn't be easier and does exactly what I needed it to do...and it's FREE.
  9. StuartTheFish

StuartTheFish Well-Known Member

Call light also works, no shaking required. On phones with no proximity sensor it will stay on all the time until the call ends, or on phones that do have a proximity sensor, it will only stay on if it's away from your head.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk