• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Screen Timout app

Manster62

Lurker
Aug 17, 2010
Hi,
Love my new Wildfire - BUT when I'm using Google Maps Navigation it would be handy to keep the screen turned on without having to go through Settings > Sound and Display > Screen Timeout each time.
Have been looking for an app that would toggle the screen timeout - and they do exist - but they all seem to be unavailable for the Wildfire (the dreaded 'not found' screen!):mad:
Anyway, just wondering if any of you had solved this problem. I thought I had found the perfect app - Screen On - which keeps screen on for apps specified by you - but Google Navigation isn't listed as an option!
Any help would be much appreciated....;)
Thanks

Hi,
Love my new Wildfire - BUT when I'm using Google Maps Navigation it would be handy to keep the screen turned on without having to go through Settings > Sound and Display > Screen Timeout each time.
Have been looking for an app that would toggle the screen timeout - and they do exist - but they all seem to be unavailable for the Wildfire (the dreaded 'not found' screen!):mad:
Anyway, just wondering if any of you had solved this problem. I thought I had found the perfect app - Screen On - which keeps screen on for apps specified by you - but Google Navigation isn't listed as an option!
Any help would be much appreciated....;)
Thanks

My screen stays on whilst using navigation, it does not turn off, the only problem I have is when I rotate the phone during navigation it goes into a text menu.

Andrew

I should add mine is as new, no apps etc added to the Wildfire

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones