Screen too sensitiveSupport

Last Updated: 2012-10-09 13:36:30
  1. SteveL5231

SteveL5231 Member

My Ally screen seems way too sensitive. When I try to get my voicemail and attempt to enter my password, it seems that it sometimes enters numbers for me and I get a message indicating that it is the wrong password. ???

Advertisement
  2. thelostsoul

thelostsoul Well-Known Member

Best advice I can give you is don't hover over the screen. Try to actually lift your finger after each press.
  3. SteveL5231

SteveL5231 Member

Good advice. Thanks. But sometimes it starts dialing the password while I still have it up to my ear and before I can get it down to enter the password.
  4. Math-Uhhh-Saurus

Math-Uhhh-Saurus Well-Known Member

whenever I call my voicemail, I worry about accidentally entering the password with my cheek/ear, so what I tend to do is hold the phone close to, but away from my ear (so I can hear it, but so that it's not touching the screen) until after I've entered my password
  5. Vmanisme

Vmanisme Well-Known Member

The phone has a sensor that turns off the screen when held to your ear =/
  6. Mitchell4500

Mitchell4500 Well-Known Member

if you look closely its to the right of the verizon logo.
  7. myfishbear

myfishbear Well-Known Member

try an app called htc calibrate it works 4 me
  8. Alicorn700

Alicorn700 New Member

I just got a new (refurbished) LS Optimus and it was driving me crazy. I would touch and hold and it would act like I tapped 5 times. If I did a quick tap like to check a box, the box would check and uncheck about 4 or 5 times. I was about ready to throw my nice new phone across the room. (That's how my last one died so I managed to keep my cool this time.) You mentioned turning off Swype and I did but it didn't help. I switched to android keyboard, still didn't help. After hours of frustration I turned Swype back on and in the Swype settings found speed VS accuracy and moved it all the way to Error tolerance. That stopped the annoying over sensitivity but then it was very unresponsive. I know, what the heck am I Goldilocks? I found that about 3/4 of the way towards error tolerance was perfect for my phone. Your phone may be different. This may help anyone who's screen is very touchy or not sensitive enough.
    Granite1 likes this.
  9. sahmBev

sahmBev Member

I just put it on speaker, show the dialpad and enter my password that way. But I know what you mean, it's a PITA. I miss actual buttons to push.