Screen touch accuracySupport

Last Updated:

1. caspertodd

caspertodd Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

First of all I searched and couldn't find anything on this.

Is anyone else having an issue with the screen not being very accurate? The on screen keyboard seems fine for me, but choosing something such as a link in the web browser is a little off on my phone. An example would be opening www.wsmv.com (my local news), then trying to click on news on the left hand side...instead of news, it will choose what is below it (in this case weather). I thought it was my fat fingers, but others who have tried my phone experience the same issue. I was just wondering if it was just me?

Any way to calibrate the screen?

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. ragingbull2k2

ragingbull2k2 Well-Known Member

isn't that what the optical pad is for? clicking those hard to touch links? not sure of a way to calibrate the screen...

Joey

3. caspertodd

I keep forgetting that the optical pad is even there. I will try that and see how it works. I would still like to have this fixed though since it defeats the point of having a touch screen.

4. acp

acp Well-Known Member

I think the touchscreen is very accurate

5. Adrift

Adrift Well-Known Member

I find the touch screen accuracy to be superb. If I do need to choose something small such as a link buried within a webpage I use the optical pad.

6. KeithKris

KeithKris Well-Known Member

You and I share the same affliction. Its medical name is "fat finger syndrome" I've found that I'm actually touching the screen with a different part of my finger than where I think I am. It's not the tip of my thumb, but about halfway between the tip and the knuckle. If I keep this in my head, I'm a little more accurate with the screen. I still have to revert to the trackpad/arrows from time to time. Unfortunately it doesn't sound like calibration is available for most capacitive screens, including everyone's favorite iphone.

7. caspertodd

Yeah, I was wondering if it was just me having "fat finger syndrome" or if there was actually an acuracy issue. I downloaded a kid paint program (kind of a cool program by the way) to test where it was seeing my finger touch the screen. It was exactly dead on. The more I tested, it seemed to mainly be with Dolphin Browser. I think I had better luck with the default browser (Plecebo effect maybe?). I even trried zooming in 3 or 4 times and then selecting a link, and I still select the one underneath it. I do have fairly large fingers, so who knows.

This phone by the way is the best phone I have used. I am extremely pleased with it. My wife asked me last night if she was going to have to bury me with the phone... LOL! I was messing with the Megan Fox app when she asked me...she doesn't know that though ;)

8. AdamR

AdamR Active Member

Sounds more like a problem with the website if everything else works.