Screen turning on for new texts if phone is unlockedSupport

Last Updated:

1. landale

landale Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Has anyone noticed that if you uncheck the box to enable the lock screen that the Droid X's screen will turn on for incoming text messages? It's rather annoying as I would rather not use a lock screen but don't want the screen turning on for every new text either. Screen stays off fine if the lock screen is enabled. This is my first Android phone so not sure if this is how Android behaves or if it's a Droid X issue.

Advertisement
  2. rjoudrey

rjoudrey Well-Known Member

Mine just turned on for the hell of it.

3. Poseidon126

Poseidon126 Active Member

Hasn't that happened with like all the phones?

whenever i got a text message on any one of my phones i have ever had, The screen would turn on to notify me as well as vibrate and ring

4. landale

It didn't happen on either my last windows mobile phone (Touch Diamond) or my blackberry tour. I just don't like the idea of the screen turning on in my pocket for a text as unlike for a phone call it doesn't seem to use the proximity sensor to know not to do this.

5. Brian_83

Brian_83 Well-Known Member

You might try Handcent or ChompSMS. I know Chomp has a setting for whether or not you want the screen to come on. Not sure if it will control it if the lock screen is disabled or not.

6. landale

I already use Handcent and this feature still only works when the screen is locked. Thanks though.