screen turning on for no reason

Last Updated:

1. jonkavln

jonkavln New Member This Topic's Starter

Screen on my Desire occasionally lights up for 1-2 seconds for no reason then goes back to standby again. Happens once or twice every couple of days (could be more often but I don't stare at it the whole time). No notifications or calls coming in. I suspect it maybe one of the apps syncing or something, but as this happens so rarely it's hard to determine which.

Anyone experienced this?

Advertisement
  2. Mubble

Mubble Well-Known Member

Funnily enough this happened to me last night for the first time.

No idea why.

3. bryant2408

bryant2408 Member

yeah. i got the same problem. Sometimes, it just brights up awhile randomly. Anyone knows of the problem?

4. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

5. EmperorKabir

EmperorKabir Well-Known Member

This has happened to me too, but I wouldn't say it's no reason as such. It could be dust or heat or something touching the screen, or more likely a background running app that has, for example, received a message or loaded something but with no visible or audible notification.

Of course if I mention a task killer, I'll probably be hunted down and killed by half of the members on this forum with their 'perfect' phones and elitist 'perfect' apps that don't need task killing. Still... my ramblings only apply if what I say about a background app is true.

6. EmperorKabir

lol 2 sides of the task killer coin!

my task killer does not do this in fairness. but then if it is the task kilelr itself that does not stop running, then in effect my words hold.... but there is no task killer killer, nor woudl i not use one. (and yes i uninstalled my task killer for several months before I got sick of not having one and put it back on).

7. jonkavln

jonkavln New Member This Topic's Starter

No task killer installed, so has to be something else. Could be Froyo itself doing the killing.
    This isn't a real problem so can live with it, but it's still interesting if anyone's figured it out. I'll post if I find something.

8. EmperorKabir

try a task killer, at least briefly, (but don't let anyone on this forum see you use it!)

9. Mubble

Mubble Well-Known Member

Maybe it is Froyo doing some behind-the-scenes work?

10. Olliejeffers

Olliejeffers Member

Strange, I've also had this but my screen comes on as if I pressed the power button (stays on for about 15 seconds).

I've had it since I stopped using a task killer (I've seen the light!).