screen turns back onSupport

1. Vyk70r

Vyk70r Well-Known Member

hi, i got my phone back from service today. they changed my motherboard and reinstalled the software.
    i restored launcher pro backup. i installed some games and app, mostly same i had before.
    now approximately 5-10 minutes after i lock the screen it's turns back on!
    before i did not had this problem.
    i have android v. 2.2.1; kernel v. 2.6.32.9; build number FRG83; software version V10n.

i checked if a new service or app started when screen turned on but nothing suspicions, just the wallpaper service had started and i don't think that's the problem..

i mostly have the same applications and the phone works more smoothly than before but why the screen turns on?

ps: when i posted i found some similar threads and some suggestions was that some app turned the screen on but i have the same as before (before=before the change on parts and reinstalled software).. so.. if someone had this problem.. please help :)

Advertisement
  2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

I'd check for background goings on by alarm and clock apps/widgets/services.
  3. Vyk70r

Vyk70r Well-Known Member

there it's nothing out of the ordinary.. the only new thing it's a time widget (3D digital weather clock) i'm uninstalling it to see if it's the problem.
    i'll make a list of app and services i have on tomorrow (it's 1AM here :D). i hope i dont have to :)
  4. Vyk70r

Vyk70r Well-Known Member

ok, now i'm really pissed!!
    i restored factory data and the phone still turns the screen on and i didn't installed one app!:|
  5. satomiflavio

satomiflavio New Member

Hi, Vyk70r!
    I'm having the same problem. Did you solve it?
    Thanks,
  6. jmbtexas4

jmbtexas4 Active Member

Hi, I'm having the same problem too. Everyone once in a while, I turn the screen off by pressing the power button, and the screen turns on again a few seconds later even though I didn't touch the phone. I try again and do the exact same thing, but it doesn't happen again. Anybody figure it out? Thanks!
  7. jmbtexas4

jmbtexas4 Active Member

Ok, so that's a "no", right?
  8. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Very difficult to ferret out that particular issue (unless it's a known bug in that version of that device with that OS):

I've seen that happen with lock screen widgets and their settings, such as having info and/or apps available on the lock screen. I've seen it with devices that had dust and/or moisture gathering around the on/off/power buttons in need of alcohol cleaning. I've seen it in dropped devices. I've seen it in defective devices in need of return/exchange. I've seen it as a known issue in some devices. I've seen it in devices with apps/widgets newly installed that were configured in such a way as to cause a conflict with the stock app/widget it was meant to replace, etc.. etc..

You get the idea. It's one of those glitches that needs patient investigation on the part of the owner. There are so many possibilities.

I just saw it on my brand new Galaxy Note 2, and found out that all I needed to do was disallow my personal info (name and address) from streaming across the lock screen. A simple check-box setting cured it from happening.

Your mileage may vary. :D