• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help screen turns back on

Vyk70r

Mar 1, 2011
Romania
hi, i got my phone back from service today. they changed my motherboard and reinstalled the software.
i restored launcher pro backup. i installed some games and app, mostly same i had before.
now approximately 5-10 minutes after i lock the screen it's turns back on!
before i did not had this problem.
i have android v. 2.2.1; kernel v. 2.6.32.9; build number FRG83; software version V10n.

i checked if a new service or app started when screen turned on but nothing suspicions, just the wallpaper service had started and i don't think that's the problem..

i mostly have the same applications and the phone works more smoothly than before but why the screen turns on?

ps: when i posted i found some similar threads and some suggestions was that some app turned the screen on but i have the same as before (before=before the change on parts and reinstalled software).. so.. if someone had this problem.. please help :)

Very difficult to ferret out that particular issue (unless it's a known bug in that version of that device with that OS):

I've seen that happen with lock screen widgets and their settings, such as having info and/or apps available on the lock screen. I've seen it with devices that had dust and/or moisture gathering around the on/off/power buttons in need of alcohol cleaning. I've seen it in dropped devices. I've seen it in defective devices in need of return/exchange. I've seen it as a known issue in some devices. I've seen it in devices with apps/widgets newly installed that were configured in such a way as to cause a conflict with the stock app/widget it was meant to replace, etc.. etc..

You get the idea. It's one of those glitches that needs patient investigation on the part of the owner. There are so many possibilities.

I just saw it on my brand new Galaxy Note 2, and found out that all I needed to do was disallow my personal info (name and address) from streaming across the lock screen. A simple check-box setting cured it from happening.

Your mileage may vary. :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones