Screen turns on by itselfSupport

Last Updated:

1. impruv

impruv Member This Topic's Starter

Hey I have a Unlocked Telus Motorola Milestone running on Rogers. I've had it for about 2 weeks and recently [unless I didn't notice previously], the screen keeps flashing on by itself randomly. What's causing this?

I'm also new to this forum and found alot of useful information. Great place :D

Advertisement
  2. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

Check all you installed apps, I bet one of them is doing that.

3. impruv

impruv Member This Topic's Starter

Hmm.. can't seem to find it but I have a feeling it's chomp sms so ill try uninstalling it to see if it continues.

4. Nach0

Nach0 Member

i know this is an old post, but my desire recently started doing the same 'screen wakes up then turns off for no good reason' and was wondering if you ever resolved it?

i was running handsent and suspected that as the issue so i switched to chomp :/

5. TelusMilestone

TelusMilestone Well-Known Member

Definately an app doing it. Easiest way to figure it out is to flash original SBF and slowly add your apps back and check to see what one is doing it. Or if you dont want to start over you can remove apps slowly and see when it stops. Whenever I have a problem I just flash the SBF and everything goes back to stock and I have a new phone and no problems. I like to try different things all the time so this is the easiet way for me to fix issues with the software.

6. Nach0

Nach0 Member

Sorry i didn't reply sooner, I thought i had subscription notifications on :)

yeah, something has updated recently and causing it, I have decided to flash my phone with Cyanogen mod (if i have to start from scratch, why not try something new!)

thanks for the help!