Screen unlocked in pocket... why?Support

1. namartlu

namartlu Well-Known Member

Hi,

I found that when I left my phone in my pants pocket, it started getting warm. I took it out and see that the screen was on and unlocked. This happened quite a few times. I have the Midnight rom, screen was locked, and I didn't set up swipe2wake. Why would this happen?

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. OverByter

OverByter Resident Slide Rule Guru

It shouldn't, although some people have complained about very sensitive power switches. If it's not that then it's probably just one of those mysteries of the cosmos that will never be understood by man. Try a reboot though.
  3. trippin

trippin Well-Known Member

Did you get a text message at any point? My screen turns on when I get a text, you could have unlocked it in the pocket and your leg was just keeping the screen on.

Another thing was one rom I had installed had the screen set to never turn off. I normally press the lock button so didn't notice it until I set it on the nightstand and it didn't go off.
  4. namartlu

It happened a few times in a row on Sat, while I was in a birthday party... I didn't receive any text messages. I pressed the power button and the screen turned off and locked before I put it in the pocket.

I am thinking it might be due to the eye-fi application running and working. I was taking pictures with my DSLR, and pictures were being sent to the phones automatically. But I haven't confirmed this yet...
  5. namartlu

Confirmed that it's the eye-fi application turning on the screen, and then probably the moving in my pocket unlocks it...