• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Screen unresponsive

I'm rooted and running UD 3.1.1, though I have tested this with another ROM with the same result. The right side of my screen is unresponsive to touch. The area affected is roughly the same size as the notification bar when held in landscape. It's not too big of a deal, but when typing out quick texts, the "L" and backspace buttons don't work, so I have to open up the hardware keyboard. It's never been in water, so I don't believe there's water damage, but I have dropped the phone accidentally a few times (and cringed every time).

Does it sound like my screen is screwed up hardware-wise or should I try a 3rd ROM and/or factory reset?

Thanks in advance.

I have the same thing going on with mine right now. First it start from the home button straight up to the top. Now the extreme right side is starting to come in and out of responsiveness. Very difficult to unlock the screen even now. I am eligible for an upgrade but the T-bolt just isn't doing it for me. The only other one on the horizon I'd even consider is the LG Revolution and if it ever freakin comes out, the bionic.

Upvote 0
This is such a common post on these forums. Chances are your hardware is shot. Your options seem to be replacing it yourself, or getting the phone replaced under warranty or through insurance.

+1 for this. And while it is probably obvious make sure you don't take your rooted phone into the store without unrooting first. No insult intended but this is for others also who may find this thread.:)

Upvote 0
+1 for this. And while it is probably obvious make sure you don't take your rooted phone into the store without unrooting first. No insult intended but this is for others also who may find this thread.:)

I had touch screen issues last month, after having cancelled the insurance only weeks before. I brought the rooted phone in to see what my options were, and after the rep confirmed that the screen was not working properly I was offered open enrollment in the $2/mo extended warranty.

However, once I got my replacement in hand, I rooted it and flashed clockworkmod recovery and backed up the current ROM. I then backed up my defective device, and restored each of the backups to the other device, and then unrooted the defective one before returning it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones