screen went outSupport

Last Updated:

1. downtown jewelry bryan

downtown jewelry bryan Member This Topic's Starter

my fiancee's G2 screen went out last night, it looked like it shattered from the inside because there was a 1 1/2 inch crack under the glass. she says it was working perfectly fine, put it in her purse and a few mins later it wouldnt turn on. she didnt drop it or hit it against anything so i have no idea what happened. exchanged it at radio shack today (only had it 10 days) and the guy said it had to have been from a heavy blow. i know she is capable of abusing phones but i believe that she didnt this time. her purse is small so nothing big could have slammed against it.

so i'm thinking, she's been using my charger (nexus one) and i know the batteries are different. could that have been the cause? something with the amount of electric currents? the only other thing i can think of is how it kinda heats up when its being used. her phone has a hard case so maybe the heat doesnt escape and it just builds up inside. i dont know, those are my only theories. any other possibilities?

Advertisement
  2. justme8800

justme8800 Well-Known Member

Hmm. I doubt it was heat that caused it, the G2 runs relatively cool even if you really push it. Maybe something somehow got in between the screen and keyboard in her purse? I can see the screen cracking under only a little pressure if that was the case.

3. downtown jewelry bryan

downtown jewelry bryan Member This Topic's Starter

the hinge is pretty tight so i dont think it opened up for something to get in between. i grilled her pretty good all day yesterday and she says she's sure nothing hit it and no pressure was put on it while it was in or out of the purse. mindboggling.

4. Hegemony

Hegemony Well-Known Member

Since the crack was under the glass, it seems like a "heavy blow" is out. The glass would probably be cracked too. At least you got it exchanged. I think it's the digitizer that broke. People sometimes report things like this. I'm not sure that anyone has ever come up with a good explanation. Might be caused by a drop, with the damage only becoming apparent later.