• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Screen won't rotate, stuck in portrait

Unforgiven

...eschew obfuscation...
Administrator
  • Jun 23, 2010
    Douglas, MA
    My wife's Kindle Fire is stuck in portrait. When she first asked about it I hunted around the settings and could find nothing. She had just begun a new book, and thought maybe it was only formatted for portrait. Now she is on a new book and it still stuck on portrait. It does not rotate at all whether reading a book or anywhere else in the system. I'm hoping that this will be a facepalm thing and I am missing a setting. I really don't want to go the warranty route.

It is completely stock and is not rooted.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

facepalm.:rolleyes: I checked again and I guess I was trying to overthink it. Images below show where the settings are if anyone stumbles across this.

Screen rotation allowed.
    IMG_20120225_140137.jpg

Screen rotation locked. Choose the orientation you want it locked in then click.
    IMG_20120225_140145.jpg

In my own feeble defense, I've only used it a few times. I hope my idiocy helps someone else.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones