Screen Won't Shut OffGeneral

Last Updated:

1. vaguelyobscene

vaguelyobscene New Member This Topic's Starter

This is a new issue I am having; I've had my Eris since December and had no problems with it.

My phone is no longer going to sleep itself. I set the 'Screen Time Out' all the way down to 15 seconds but if I don't hit the end button to manually put it to sleep, it would never sleep. This is really frustrating because since I was used to not having to do that, I'll put it in my pocket without hitting the end button and end up clicking a lot of stuff with my bottom.

What is this problem? And it isn't an application -- I've not downloaded any applications as of the last month and I use a task killer every time I put the phone down.

Advertisement
  2. smacky

smacky Banned

Clicking stuff with your bottom...sounds kinky.

I'm FlagrantlyObscene, btw.

3. vaguelyobscene

vaguelyobscene New Member This Topic's Starter

It is so much better to be vaguely obscene, who doesn't love a little bit of subtlety?

4. smacky

smacky Banned

I have something similar happen to me with my Twitter sync thing. I can turn off Facebook updates by unchecking the box, but when I do that to my Twitter thing (I haven't even given them my account, I use another client) and click "Done," it'll still say "sync every XXX hours" to the point now I just turn the settings to 24 hours. So now, it checks Twitter for an account that doesn't exist once a day.

Check you phone status and awake time. It has to be an app keeping it awake. The way my phone doesn't save my settings for Twitter, it may not be letting you save yours for your screen timeout.

5. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

its the task killer.