Screen Won't Stay On While ChargingSupport

Last Updated:

1. tonynace

tonynace Member This Topic's Starter

I just recently updated the OS on my Verizon Samsung Fascinate from 2.1 to 2.2.1. While I like the OS upgrade as stuff seems to run faster, I notice one difference from the old OS in that there is no option to keep the screen on while my device is plugged in to external power. I like this ability as I read before going to sleep or listen to Pandora, and don't wish to keep turning on again and working the puzzle lock again to gain access. Is there a way to get this functionality back that I had before under the old OS? I find no option to do so under settings/display in the new one.

Advertisement
  2. shawn1224

shawn1224 Ex CEO-DNPSEA foundation VIP Member

It's under settings > applications > development > stay awake.

3. joshica

joshica Well-Known Member

No this is not right....That was on 2.1 only.

There is a 3rd party app that works good for the Fascinate. It's called WakeLocker. I tried a couple others too but WakeLocker works the best.

4. tonynace

tonynace Member This Topic's Starter

Joshica is right. The only options under "development" in the new OS are "USB debugging" and "Allow Mock Locations," at least in the Verizon version of this. Do you have a different carrier?

5. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

I'm running 2.2.1 and have the Stay Awake option. Though I'm not running a stock ROM.

Tasker can certainly do this -- it's one thing I use Tasker for. However, Tasker may not be the best option if you're only looking for this one option and/or can't deal with Tasker's learning curve. The flip side of that is that Tasker is extremely versatile and can do far much more.

6. shawn1224

shawn1224 Ex CEO-DNPSEA foundation VIP Member

Yea sorry I have an Inspire running 2.2.1 on AT&T. I thought it was the same for all Android handsets, my fault.

7. prophetbob

prophetbob New Member

I'm using "StayAwake" to do the same thing on my Fascinate and it seems to work well.

8. T.M.M.L

T.M.M.L Well-Known Member